Eve of Destiny??

Discussion in '-main-' started by hideko, Sep 7, 2006.

  1. hideko -member- -member-

    hideko
    Joined: 15 Aug 2005
    Posts: 289
    Location: Spain
    Posted: Thu Sep 7, 2006 2:45 pm

    Anyone knows anything about EoD?? Their official page doesn't exist anymore, no more lives, or releases...

    And what about Death Attack Chainsaw???

    Thank u...
     
    #1
  2. Camuflagem -member- -member-

    Camuflagem
    Joined: 04 Apr 2005
    Posts: 2575
    Location: Cliff of Madness
    Posted: Thu Sep 7, 2006 2:54 pm

    #2
  3. Herr Doktor Knave -member- -member-

    Herr Doktor Knave
    Joined: 05 Aug 2004
    Posts: 814
    Location: Famous in Inverse Proportion to How Cool I am
    Posted: Thu Sep 7, 2006 4:16 pm

    I'm very sad to hear this, EoD was one of my favourite offshoots after the MM breakup.

    What is this Death Attack Chainsaw thing again?
     
    #3
  4. Camuflagem -member- -member-

    Camuflagem
    Joined: 04 Apr 2005
    Posts: 2575
    Location: Cliff of Madness
    Posted: Thu Sep 7, 2006 5:28 pm

    Herr Doktor Knave wrote:
    It is a session band. http://deathattackchainsaw.com/ they had a few lives, one at a FC event of kozi and other one with other bands such as nene's(ex-Art Marju Duchain) EXCALIBUR. There is a little flash thing in their site with a kind of sample of their song ( i guess) so you can have an idea how they sound. Kazune (Brain Hacker) is the vocalist, Kozi is the bassist and his friend is the guitarrist (he is not really a musician).
     
    #4
  5. holylampposts -member-

    holylampposts
    Joined: 12 Feb 2006
    Posts: 2145
    Location: @ the urinal with Klaha
    Posted: Thu Sep 7, 2006 5:34 pm

    Oh no, I really hope this isn't true. I'll die. I love Eve of Destiny so much. More than Közi solo, more than Moi dix Mois, more than Gackt (I don't even really like Gackt :lol:). Point is, if Eve of Destiny is no more I'll have to die. I'm not kidding
     
    #5
  6. Kinsao -member- -member-

    Kinsao
    Joined: 20 Apr 2006
    Posts: 572
    Location: sweet nowhere
    Posted: Thu Sep 7, 2006 6:35 pm

    Don't die! :shock: Or... if you must... become a vampire and be immortal...
    ::weepy::

    I think I said on another thread somewhere, EoD discontinuing is not really unexpected considering the problems they had with CCP, and the fact they haven't done anything for quite a while.

    I'd be sad to see them discontinue, but as long as Közi is still making solo work, my sky is still blue... (and red, and silver, and orange, and sparkly, and other funny colours, but that's another story...)

    Damn I wish I could hear Death Attack Chainsaw stuff! I'm eaten away by curiosity! ><
    It's kind of funny the way you say Közi's friend, the guitarist, is not really a musician... I guess he is now... XD (btw, is that a childhood friend from way back? cos I think I saw that from somewhere, but I am not sure...)
     
    #6
  7. Camuflagem -member- -member-

    Camuflagem
    Joined: 04 Apr 2005
    Posts: 2575
    Location: Cliff of Madness
    Posted: Thu Sep 7, 2006 6:59 pm

    Kinsao wrote:
    yeah the same guy. I said that, because he is really not a musician, he is an actor or something.


    it is this guy with kozi
    pic
     
    #7
  8. Kinsao -member- -member-

    Kinsao
    Joined: 20 Apr 2006
    Posts: 572
    Location: sweet nowhere
    Posted: Thu Sep 7, 2006 7:08 pm

    Aha - not a professional musician. ;)

    I thought that is him but I wasn't 100% sure whether I had my facts straight or tangled.
     
    #8
  9. Camuflagem -member- -member-

    Camuflagem
    Joined: 04 Apr 2005
    Posts: 2575
    Location: Cliff of Madness
    Posted: Thu Sep 7, 2006 7:27 pm

    ^ in my point of view, a musician is a person who makes music for a living; he only played a couple of times, i don't consider him as a musician, but as an actor, because that's his real profession. But if you consider him as a musician, then ok. I won't argue.
     
    #9
  10. Amatsu -member-

    Amatsu
    Joined: 01 Jan 2006
    Posts: 4576
    Posted: Thu Sep 7, 2006 8:49 pm

    Camuflagem wrote:
    i consider somone a musician if they make music. i think that just because you don't do it for a job shouldn't mean youre not a musician, somtimes its hard to get money for the music you make...

    i'm glad. i hope eod disbands forever... then kozi can focus on solo stuff and maybe a better band...
     
    #10
  11. holylampposts -member-

    holylampposts
    Joined: 12 Feb 2006
    Posts: 2145
    Location: @ the urinal with Klaha
    Posted: Thu Sep 7, 2006 8:51 pm

    Amatsu~Naraku wrote:
    :shock: GANGSTALICOUS! How can you say that? Eve of Destiny is my favorite ever. I love them so much. Seriously, if it wasn't for Eve of Destiny then I'd be bored every night when I should be dancing.
     
    #11
  12. Susan -member- -member-

    Susan
    Joined: 01 Sep 2005
    Posts: 1308
    Posted: Thu Sep 7, 2006 10:03 pm

    It's dissapointing that they'll never release a full-length album, or even a mini-album, but it's no BIG loss. They'll live on forever as mp3's!

    Kozi is better solo anyways. Haruhiko was dragging him dooooooooown! :lol:
     
    #12
  13. Kinsao -member- -member-

    Kinsao
    Joined: 20 Apr 2006
    Posts: 572
    Location: sweet nowhere
    Posted: Fri Sep 8, 2006 6:15 am

    @ Camuflagem: I'm sorry, I wasn't getting at you, and I didn't mean it to sound that way. I know what you're saying - just my odd sense of humour made me pick up on the phrase. :oops:

    By the way, what is that pic of? (Apart from Közi and guitar-playing actor guy, of course!) I mean, what event is it?

    I wouldn't say someone is a musician unless they somehow make money out of it... because lots of people play music as a hobby. I mean, in certain contexts you would - like, for instance, you might say "Pete [non-professional guitarist] is just as good a musician as Joe Satriani!!!" or some such comparison... but if Pete works in a call centre he probably wouldn't even describe himself as a musician.

    I'm rambling, and this has nothing to do with Eve of Destiny. :oops:

    I certainly think Közi's solo work surpasses Eve of Destiny by far, and if they aren't going anywhere it's better just to call it a day and have more time/energy for other projects. I'm still kinda disappointed though because it would have been interesting to hear more from EoD - they didn't have time to find a direction yet. :/
     
    #13
  14. Flatliner -member- -member-

    Flatliner
    Joined: 09 Jan 2005
    Posts: 408
    Location: Vancouver
    Posted: Fri Sep 8, 2006 6:29 am

    Despite my better judgement, I contacted him in regards to wholesale purchasing some stuff for Wreckords.com.
    So if he actually does send us the stuff, people who missed out on the CD can order it from us, safely and with piece of mind.
    Fingers Crossed.
     
    #14
  15. Cally -member- -member-

    Cally
    Joined: 22 Mar 2006
    Posts: 1383
    Location: USA
    Posted: Fri Sep 8, 2006 6:32 am

    Flatliner wrote:
    I really hope that works out, Flatliner. Since I got my job I was very much hoping to get my hands on some EoD cds... so rumor of disbandment really brought me down a bit.

    I'll keep my fingers crossed for it.
     
    #15
  16. Kinsao -member- -member-

    Kinsao
    Joined: 20 Apr 2006
    Posts: 572
    Location: sweet nowhere
    Posted: Fri Sep 8, 2006 7:55 am

    Flatliner: you rule! and I hope you have good luck in that...
     
    #16
  17. Camuflagem -member- -member-

    Camuflagem
    Joined: 04 Apr 2005
    Posts: 2575
    Location: Cliff of Madness
    Posted: Fri Sep 8, 2006 1:04 pm

    i really like eod , and what i am going to say may sound kind of selfish, but i have to say that i did not like much some places that Eod used to play, some were really bad, and i think that kozi deserves better places to play. And some fans treated him in a rude way ... :mad:

    Kinsao wrote:
    the first Fc event. "brotherhood vol. 1"
     
    #17
  18. Kinsao -member- -member-

    Kinsao
    Joined: 20 Apr 2006
    Posts: 572
    Location: sweet nowhere
    Posted: Fri Sep 8, 2006 1:19 pm

    Camuflagem wrote:
    Thank you for the info! *hug*

    And I agree with you on the second part... My mind didn't connect that with a disbandment, but you make a good point anyway... although they could have returned to better venues, I guess... :| )

    (Bahhhh... I feel like I agree with people too much... :mad: )
     
    #18
  19. mort -member- -member-

    mort
    Joined: 08 Jun 2005
    Posts: 49
    Posted: Fri Sep 8, 2006 1:38 pm

    Flatliner wrote:
    But if you do that, aren't you funding this person's scam? :/ I understand people wanting to own an EOD CD, but it would be much better for fans to just think of this release as a bootleg, because this is effectively what it is.

    Most importantly you really won't be doing the music scene any favours by allowing CCP to carry on operating in this way. These CD problems are in all probability the major reason EOD gave up. The last thing EOD fans should be doing is helping Alfred make more money so he can go on and ruin more indies bands' careers. If you're really sad about EOD's current cessation of activities then I believe you ought to think again before you give the person responsible for it a pat on the back and a full wallet, no? :/
     
    #19
  20. Camuflagem -member- -member-

    Camuflagem
    Joined: 04 Apr 2005
    Posts: 2575
    Location: Cliff of Madness
    Posted: Fri Sep 8, 2006 1:46 pm

    @kinsao Actually, i didn't have in mind to link this to the disbandment. If the band played all these years in such places, i guess they don't mind. I was just stating my opinion that i don't find some places that they played to be very nice.

    edit: I agree with what mort posted above.
     
    #20